Shota is used for masturbation. That’s one of the core findings of the ongoing survey on shota comics.
I’m therefore levelling up my research by asking: How?
I want to find out what your masturbation sessions are like. But instead of asking you about your “typical” masturbation habits, like favourite themes, and so on, I want you to describe a few of your actual masturbation sessions.
Keep an okazu diary
Start now! Okazu is Japanse slang for “masturbation material”, and an “okazu diary” (オカズノート, okazu nōto; “okazu notebook”) is a kind of log book for what material you masturbated to – each time!
Record a week of masturbation in your okazu diary and pay attention to these things:
- Where and when did you do it? In bed with the phone, in front of the computer, at the toilet, in the shower? At what time and for how long?
- What was the material? Describe the genre, characters, theme, story – provide a link to the actual material if possible.
- How did you feel when masturbating to this material? Did you imagine yourself being one of the characters – who? Did you imagine your current self being part of this fantasy, or an earlier version of yourself (such as when you were in school)? Or were you more of an onlooker?
- Decribe the session from start to finish. How many images did you look at, or how many pages in a comic did you read? How did your excitement increase? What images, comic frames or story events made you come?
- What other (non-shota) masturbation sessions did you have? Record them too, but not in detail. Just note if you used regular porn, another comic genre, your own fantasy, and so on.
Include some basic stats about yourself:
- Place of living
- Family situation
- Actual sex life (to get a contrast to your fantasy sex life!)
Then send your okazu diary to me:
diary [at] shotaology.com
Send it digitally. Photograph the pages if you used a physical book.
This is what an entry in a shotacon’s okazu diary can look like (translated into English):
1 August 2021, 22.30–22.40
In bed, reading the first story in Bokkiizu (ぼっきーず), it takes place on the sports field of a school.
I immediately like one of the boys. He’s manly and simple. The other one is too feminine. When the manboy massages the other boy’s leg, that boy’s dick pops out of the shorts. Manboy excuses himself and goes to the toilets. Femboy follows and kicks open the door to the toilet stall where manboy is standing with full erection – a striking image! I was shocked in the same way that I would have been if I had seen this at that age (12 or 13 maybe). Manboy was just about to come, so he shoots his load on the inner thigh of his friend. Femboy then takes out his dick. “We’re in the toilets after all”, he says. ”What could be more natural?” They press their glandes against each other, comment that it looks like the dickheads are kissing. And suddenly the friend shoots his load and manboy says: “You’re coming into me!” This was a whole new thing for me, that you can come into someone’s penis if you press the glandes together! I felt immediately that I could come, so I gave it all to this scene despite I hadn’t been going for so long. It almost didn’t work, but then I passed the threshold and felt a sudden surge of pride as I came to this frame – the zoomed in image of the cum squirting dicks – and the very idea that the friend’s cum was entering manboy’s penis.
It was clearly the unexpected that made me come so quickly, as if a border had been crossed, something I had not imagined before. But it was also the whole situation, which could have happened to myself in middle school, but never did.
Sharing our okazu diaries anonymously means sharing our innermost feelings, experiences and imaginations.
Your detailed description of your masturbation sessions will be an invaluable contribution to anthropological research.
It is with great respect and utmost discretion that I anticipate your entries!